Halloween is around the corner. Your young ones will be bringing home treats in the form of Starbursts, Jolly Ranchers, and other confectionary delights. Keep in mind that most candy melts and can be a major nuisance if it makes its way onto carpet. Removing melted candy, however, is possible.
Why Melted Candy Is Problematic
Candy mixed with water or saliva creates a sticky situation and will adhere to carpet fibers like glue. This is true of most candy types, whether it be chocolate, hard candy, or chewy taffy. The key is to act fast; otherwise, your only solution will be a professional carpet cleaning.
A Step-by-Step Process for Removing Melted Candy
- The first step is to remove as much of the solid sugary gunk as possible. One trick is to apply ice to the candy. This freezes it enough so that it’s easier to pick up or chip off.
- Scrape away any remaining residue using a dull knife.
- Pour two cups of water and half a teaspoon of dish soap into a container. Shake the container to get a foamy mixture.
- Dab a clean cloth into the container and press the cloth over the candy stain for 30 seconds.
- Remove the cloth and wait for about 15 minutes. This gives time for the stain particles to break down.
- Blot at the stain using a dry cloth.
- Blot at the stain with a cloth soaked in a mixture of water and white vinegar.
- Dry the area with a clean cloth.
We Remove Old Candy Stains
We eliminate candy stains from all surface types, including carpets, upholstery, and tile. Call Rick’s Family Carpet Care if a Jolly Rancher or Hershey Kiss left a permanent stain. Removing melted candyl may require professional equipment and expertise.
Carpet and Upholstery Stain Removal
Serving Customers in Tacoma, Puyallup, Spanaway, Graham, Yelm, McKenna, Roy, Lakewood, Steilacoom, Dupont, Lacey, Tumwater, University Place, Federal Way, Gig Harbor, Sumner, Edgewood, Milton, Kent, Auburn, Renton and Fife