Halloween is not far off. Your kids will be bringing home sweet delights in the form of Skittles, Blow Pops, and more. While tasty, the candy can become a nightmare if it makes its way into the carpet and melts. The good news, though, is that removing melted candy may be possible if you act quickly.
Why Melted Candy Is a Problem
Candy mixed with water or saliva creates a sticky glob of mess and will stick to the carpet like glue. This is the case with most candy varieties, including hard candy and chocolate. The key is to act right away. If not, then the only solution will be professional removal and carpet cleaning.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Removing Melted Candy in Puyallup
- Remove as much of the solid gunk as possible. Try applying ice to the candy. This freezes it enough so that it’s manageable to scoop up or chip off.
- Scrape away any remnants using a butter knife.
- Create a mixture of one cup of water and a teaspoon of dish detergent and pour into a spray bottle.
- Spray a small amount into the carpet and dab at the surface using a clean towel. This enables the particles to dissolve and break down
- Blot at the stain using a fresh and dry towel.
- Blot at the stain once more, this time using a solution of white vinegar and spring water.
- Dab the stain with a dry cloth.
- Rinse and repeat until the stain is completely gone.
We Remove Old Candy Stains
We completely remove candy stains from all surface types, including carpets, upholstery, and tile. Contact Rick’s Family Carpet Care if a Kit Kat or Smarties left a long-lasting stain. Removing melted candy may warrant professional intervention.
Removing Melted Candy in Puyallup
Serving Customers in Tacoma, Puyallup, Spanaway, Graham, Yelm, McKenna, Roy, Lakewood, Steilacoom, Dupont, Lacey, Tumwater, University Place, Federal Way, Gig Harbor, Sumner, Edgewood, Milton, Kent, Auburn, and Fife